Inform and advise 


There are many types of Liability Insurance - Private and Professional are two of the most common and are described here.

If you have another requirement please contact us.

If you do not want any advice and want to apply for the insurance direct, then click on the following "HAFTPFLICHTKASSE" and this will bring you to our quote system for liability, house-hold, pet-liability, accident and more insurances: HAFTPFLICHTKASSE 

Private Liability. 

In Germany nobody should be without this.  It is not compulsory but
under German law you are legally liable for bodily injuries (death, injury or other harm to people's health) or property damage (damage to or the destruction or loss of property or injury to or the death or loss of animals).

Two classic examples:
Your little child runs out of the house into the street and knocks over an elderly person, who breaks a leg or, even worse, a hip bone.
You are distracted (texting on your smart phone!) and fail to notice a cyclist. To avoid you, he rides into a car and damages both the bike and the car and suffers injury.

This is what liability insurance is for. Without it, you and your family can face serious financial consequences! This low cost insurance is available for singles or for couples and families.

  From around € 60 per year)

Children and young people living at home are included under the family insurance up to age 25 if they are single and not in employment.
Your dog needs its own policy!

What should be covered in a standard policy?
Minimum €5,000,000 cover per year for personal injury and damage to property - including rented accommodation.  A liability exclusion clause (which means your insurance would compensate you if your health or property were damaged and the person responsible didn't have a liability insurance or financial means).   Damage through "acts of kindness" (Schäden aus dem Gefälligkeitsverhältnis) should also be covered as well as - of course - damage caused by children under the age of responsibility (Schäden durch deliktunfähige Personen) etc.

Please complete the Contact form in the panel on the right for more details.


Professional Liability Insurance

Berufshaftpflicht for freelancers and self-employed

 Professional liability insurance protects you from the consequences of causing damage to a third party in the course of your occupational activities.

Freelancers and self-employed people are just as liable under German law as any Employer, Employee or any private person for unlimited damages.

This insurance is a legal obligation for many professions, including insurance brokers, financial advisors and those professions organized in associations (Kammerberufe),

e.g. architects, doctors, engineers, lawyers, psychotherapists, tax consultants, vets and dentists, who are not allowed to work without it.

  It is, of course, highly recommended for other specialists such as IT professionals, language, sports and dance or other teachers. Many schools will not allow you to start teaching without it.

Most insurance companies in Germany offer cover across Germany but some even provide world-wide policies.   We can also provide insurance from reputable specialist English Companies

What does such an insurance cost? Factors that will determine this are: 

  • Profession
  • The insurance company
  • The insurance assured
  • The level of the deductible/excess, if applicable

 Please complete the Contact form in the panel on the right for more details.